Friday, April 6, 2007

We'll take it!

Today turned out to be a really good Good Friday for us. Brian and I had an appointment this morning with a cardiologist that performed an echocardiogram on Madeline. We are happy to say that we feel like we got some positive, good news. Madeline does have a VSD or a hole in her heart but it could be a lot worse we learned. The doctor explainded that all of the other parts of the heart looked "normal" and were in the right place, doing the right thing. It was so strange hearing a doctor refer to Madeline as "normal", words we were so happy to hear. We also learned that her heart should allow her to live for 6 to 8 weeks without problems. After that time, she may begin to have other "system" problems related to her VSD. Only time will tell.
Brian and I are so happy to know that we might get to have her for 6 to 8 weeks. We calculated the days and wondered out loud how great it could be to share that much time with Madeline. Brian has a lot to show her and we feel like we have to get a lifetime worth of love in such a short amount of time, but we'll take it.
As we were leaving the doctor's office today, we were smiling through tears at our "good" news. I thought that we might be the only patients happy to know that our daughter had a VSD. I know it may seem like horrible news to most parents but "we'll take it". Those have been our words through this whole pregnancy when we can see a little bit of hope through all of the saddness. It could always be worse and we are thankful for the little bit of hope we got today.
Thank you for supporting us through this. It is a humbling experience and I know we are truly blessed to have this little baby in our life.

4 comments:

Matt Mooney said...

Great news. We share in the excitment for you guys. I have no problem saying that although I am sure Madeline will far exceed normal, this "norma"l is great news.
We will be praying and hoping and waiting for updates.

Matt & Ginny Mooney

Sally said...

I too am happy and excited about the news! I love the sonogram pictures! Continue with the updates...
Love ya!!

Becky said...

I just wanted to let you know that you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. I will continue to pray for precious Madeline and you all in the coming weeks and months. Please let me know if there is anything that we can do for you and your family.

Becky Outlaw

Cathy B. said...

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me and the world as we all await the arrival of Madeline. You are such an inspiration to me. I know the definition of joy when I read the beautiful words that you wrote about your little angel. Your family is always in my prayers.Thanks for being the wonderful person God created you to be. Much Love, Cathy